Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Brand New Bike (Mixtape) - Sam Lachow

How am I just hearing about this? Sam Lachow is a fantastic artist based out of NY and Seattle, and he has an amazing sound. Now, I know everyone and their sister is saying that they combine genres with their music, but lets be honest, the lines between genres have been long since blurred in my mind, but this one is still a first for me. Sam Lachow's sound on this mixtape is a combination of hip hop with a ton of funk / jazz influences. It almost sounds as if Sam went down and took all the soul from the NY jazz clubs, and then put it into these tracks. From what I'm told, he actually didn't use any samples, he just got local musicians to come and record some instrumentals and vocals, which is pretty fantastic if you ask me. Anyway, this is definitely one mixtape you should check out. Enjoy it.

Brand New Bike - Sam Lachow ft. Ariana Deboo

LittleManBigCity - Sam Lachow ft. Maggie Brown

Rude Pussy - Sam Lachow ft. Megan Vise, John Martin & Molly Swenson


Donwload: Brand New Bike

No comments:

Post a Comment