Tuesday, February 21, 2012

N****s in Poorest - Yasiin Bey (Mos Def)


In case you haven't heard yet, Mos Def is officially known as Yasiin Bey now. As he said, "that period in my life is over". Now that that's all cleared up, here is Mos Def's (I'm sorry, but that's what he'll always be for me) latest and it's pretty heavy. He takes on, you guessed it, Ni**as In Paris, and flips it on it's head. Pretty much lyrically, the complete opposite of the original. I'm still kind of on the fence for this one, so make up your own mind about it. In case the title or my description didn't get you to watch this, maybe this quote will:
"Fake Gucci, my ni**a.  Fake Louis, my killa. Real drugs, my dealer. Who the f*ck is Margiela. Doctors say I'm the illest, I ain't got no insurance, It's them ni**as who poorest, be them rebel guerrillas."
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment