Friday, May 25, 2012

Hip Hop Hipsters / The Chronicles of a Yung Tomato / Sprinting on a Treadmill - Marc Goone

Hip Hop Hipster

See what happens when I take a day off? I decided to go play soccer last night, you know, get my ass of the couch and do something active, and I went and missed 3 of Marc Goone's daily drops. No idea how ONE day off meant I missed THREE daily drops, but whatever. The first release was Hip Hop Hipsters, where Goone decides to go hard on Moosh & Twist's Hold It Down. He spits straight fire about something I see way too often, hip hop hipsters.

The Chronicles of a Yung Tomato 

The next he dropped was his own spin on Logic's Tic Tac Toe beat. Just as expected, Goone is fantastic on this one. One of the highlights: "Just cuz you got a Jon Kilmer video, that don't mean you know how to rhyme". Golden.

Sprinting on a Treadmill

The latest release was one I was a little worried about. Not that I didn't think Goone could handle the beat from OnCue's Feel Tall, it's just that I am such a big fan of the original, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to listen to it objectively. But, Goone went and destroyed any sort of doubt I had, because he actually did a really good job with this one. He once again proved how versatile of an artist he can be. Halfway to Nowhere coming soon, so get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment