Monday, March 21, 2011

Introducing: MC Imprint

When I got a twitter tag with a link to a video that I "should check out", my first thoughts were that it was another random dude spamming me some shitty music. I gave it a check out, and it was actually pretty good. MC Imprint is out of Seal Beach, California, and he can explain his story a hell of a lot better than I ever could:
"After his father passed away, he found solace on the streets and became hooked on drugs at a very early age. Progressing worse and worse, Imprint began chasing this illustrious lifestyle as a way to buffer his own problems and eventually ended up in custody fighting a six year bid in prison. Through these moments, he realized a change needed to happen."
 After that he started rapping, and honed his skill in rehab. He released his first album, First Impressions, back at the end of January, and like i said, he just sent me a link a couple days ago. The tracks are actually catchy as hell, and his flow is pretty dope. I'm really looking forward to see what Imprint puts out in the future. Heres a couple tracks from First Impressions that I really dig, and you can can cop the whole album below.

The song he originally sent me:
Sidelines - MC Imprint


I Keep Movin - MC Imprint


Get Low - MC Imprint


Download: First Impressions

1 comment:

  1. This music is awesome!! I'm headed straight for iTunes to purchase it!! Looking forward to hearing more from this Imprint artist:)

    ReplyDelete